Ian Murdock wrote:
 > Eric Boutilier wrote:
 >> Agreed. We're certainly being watched very closely by the rest
 >> of the FOSS/UNIX/Linux world -- and from day one we've been
 >> breaking exciting new ground in that world in tons of wonderful
 >> ways -- but ultimately, I'd argue, how we use our democratic
 >> mechanisms will be their acid test of our open-ness. Make or
 >> break, so to speak.
 >
 > Hmm. I would argue that the make or break is our ability to build a
 > great product with a large userbase..
 >
 > -ian

Agreed. What I'm pointing out though is our (Sun's and
OpenSolaris') desire for both: To build a great and ubiquitous
product, and at the same time evolve into a world renowned open
source steward.

Anyway, it's only just a concern at this point (re: "their acid
test"). I personally think things are still fine because, as I
mentioned in my first post, the large majority of membership (my
and some others' desires notwithstanding) has tacitly expressed
a desire to not hold a vote on the naming issue yet.

Eric