EricB wrote:

> I should have also mentioned that the other reason I say things are
> still fine is I now believe (see earlier in this thread) that the name
> announcement is a tentative decision pending the outcome of the "Plocher
> trademark policy initiative".

'Tentative?' hardly so, as the name has already been used for last
night's release.

And as for the "Plocher trademark policy initiative" I don't know what
that refers to, I haven't been able to find anything on the advocacy
community page, the trademark & branding project page or the related
page on genunix.  Is there a web page somewhere with a draft policy on
it?  And if the answer to that question is "No, it's all in the mail
archives" that's not sufficient.  Expecting people to follow discussions
via the archives of multiple mailing lists is not reasonable, not least
because you are never sure if you are reading the current version of the
proposal or not.

If someone has something concrete, can we please have a page set up and
the link widely disseminated?  Ta.

--
Alan Burlison