On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Dennis Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Ultra 10... honestly somebody on eBay will buy it from you.
>
> Probably a guy like me. Those were fine little boxes for what the
> price back then. Of course I wouldn't even consider it unless it
> had the Creator 3D Series III framebuffer in there.

I have been using Nevada for almost a year now and I have come to really
like it.
I recently bought a laptop ( the first one i ever bought in my life ). I
went for  a laptop which had a good price/performance ratio and something
which Nevada supported.
The Acer Aspire 2920 fit my needs (and my pocket)
I also have an assembled box with Nevada on it.

Performance of Nevada on both my laptop is poorer than Linux (not meaning to
start a flamewar; it is my observation )
My desktop box has 4 gigs of RAM; the laptop has 2 gigs. So I am sure I have
sufficient RAM.
I do use ZFS for my /export/home though ( from what I read on this thread,
ZFS is RAM-hungry )

I would love to own a SPARC machine someday. From my friends here ( some of
them work at SUN ) , I have heard many stories about the reliability and
robustness of SPARC hardware.

These SPARC machines are very costly here in Bangalore (India).

I have always wanted to know what is so special about SPARC hardware that
some people still prefer it over x86.
Someday, i'll find out!

-- Manish

PS: If there's anyone in Bangalore reading this and wants to sell a SPARC
box, well here i am!