UNIX admin wrote:
>> This is not true, just check 2GB costs $230 for
>>  Utra 20M2.
>>

> According to store.sun.com, 2x1GB costs $189 USD. I just checked the price at
> a local website, 2x1GB ECC DDR2-667, exactly the same memory, costs $47.96
> USD.
>
> So what is Sun trying to pull here? I mean, to me as a customer, this is just
> insulting.

  Insulating on what? You can call Sun's hardware expensive which it has
been stated many times before.
Sun is a business where pricing is determined such that it can pay the
salaries and profitable and to balance
again losing business because it has overly priced. But then raising
this in a developers' based channel really
is the not most effective channel to get the pricing down.

-Ghee