Integer performance is the only place where the opteron is better. In this case
I mean compiles. Floating point performance on a dual 1ghz U3 is better than
the 2.2ghz dual opteron. In this case MM5 run times are comparable (within 10
seconds for a 72 hour run time) WRF run times were actually faster on the U3
rather than nearly equal. Yes I know the SPEC CPU says the opteron does much
better than the U3, but that is only for the synthetic dataset used as
installation verification