I would be happy to submit bug reports as Calum suggested above. I'm not one of
those people who just want to complain - I'd like to help Sun improve the
product so I can actually use it. Is there a URL for bug reports?

If you can suggest anything that would get wireless or wired networking to work
beyond what I've already tried, I'll give it a go. I am actually looking for a
Solaris consultant in my town. I will pay some money to someone with expertise
who might be able to help. I am a total newb but I've learned a bit about
Solaris already. Its a nice contrast to OS X, where terminal commands are not
necessary.