Mark,

I work in the services group at Sun.

Would be interested to know if you have found anyone who would give you the "guarantee"  you are looking for on that specific HW. I would be curious to review the service level commitment they offer.

Just trying to make our services better..

Brad

Mark Kaiman wrote:
I called Sun and I was willing to spend $324 for a year of support. However, I asked if for my money they could guarantee a solution. I didn't want to shell out $$ for someone to run me through what I've already tried, and then be told they couldn't help. Turns out that Sun doesn't officially support the R61, so paid support wont do any good. Looks like I am SOL. I hope there is an update in a few months and I can give OpenSolaris another chance.

Brad Vaughan
Software Services
Services Product Group
Sun Microsystems Inc