Mark Kaiman writes:
> I would be happy to submit bug reports as Calum suggested above. I'm not one
> of those people who just want to complain - I'd like to help Sun improve the
> product so I can actually use it. Is there a URL for bug reports?

For the OpenSolaris distribution itself, use bugzilla:

  http://defect.opensolaris.org/

For things in SXCE, use the bugster database interface:

  http://bugs.opensolaris.org/

> If you can suggest anything that would get wireless or wired networking to
> work beyond what I've already tried, I'll give it a go. I am actually looking
> for a Solaris consultant in my town. I will pay some money to someone with
> expertise who might be able to help. I am a total newb but I've learned a bit
> about Solaris already. Its a nice contrast to OS X, where terminal commands
> are not necessary.

I'm surprised that your e1000g driver doesn't work.  If nothing else,
a simple interface like that ought to function.

One known problem with e1000g is that the new FMA support can cause it
to erroneously report itself as faulty, resulting in failures.  If
"fmadm faulty" shows a "Critical" error, then this problem has hit
you.  The workaround is to plumb the interface with the undocumented
DLPI_DEVONLY environment variable set.