> > Are you accessing lots of small files?
> > Or a few big files?
> I tried with 500MB files.
> > What filesystem performance do you get when
> > performing local zfs filesystem reads/writes?
> I didn't knew the fancy dd commands, so I copied data
> from one to another attached HD both with ZFS there I
> head 20MB/s.

Using dd to read directly from the raw disk device
could be another interesting test, to find out the
maximum sequential read performance of the
hardware under Solaris, eliminating all file system
overhead:

  ptime dd if=/dev/rdsk/c0t0d0p0 of=/dev/null bs=64k count=10240

Would that come close to freebsd's 40Mb/sec with UFS?