> We have tested:
> Disk -> OK
> Network -> OK
> ZFS read write -> OK
> The only thing that is now open is CIFS.
>
> But what I see is that regardless of the used
> operating system (FreeBSD, Unbuntu, OpenSolaris) the
> performance with ZFS and Samba is quite low.
>
> Do you have an idea how to test CIFS performance
> without involfing file system?

Are you using Samba on Solaris (svc:/network/samba:default)?
Or the svc:/network/smb/server:default ?

Maybe you could share a directory on /tmp
with samba; that would use the ramdisk / tmpfs ?

> Could it be that even all singe parts are performing
> well the power of the board is simply too slow?

In the initial message you said that cpu usage is ok.

What disk / cpu statistics are reported by iostat -xnzc 5
when your Windows -- Solaris / CIFS / ZFS transfer is running?

What exactly do you use as a test on windows?
Copy & Paste big files from a local hdd to the cifs share
(or vice versa) ?