> With the gani driver I have now increased the transfer rate from
> 16 Mbyte/s write and 6,7Mbyte/s read
> 34,7 MByte/s and 20,4 MByte/s read

Interesting, so it seems the performance issue with "rge"
(and cifs?) still exists...

> If now the read performance would be equal the write
> performance it would be perfect.

Is cpu power management (speedstep) enabled?
Maybe reading / writing through cifs does not produce
enough cpu load, and cpu power management runs the
cpu at the lowest frequency?

Check with powertop.  You could try to experiment
with cpupm disabled (or enabled) in /etc/power.conf,
followed by running "pmconfig" to activate the new setting.