I think that Apple did not licensed Mac's look-and-feel yet
I think we shouldn't do the same but we could go that way.
Apple did not invent X Window System but they use it,
anyway :).

To be honest, I understand what you want to say but I propose
that Community do couple versions of themes (default, home,
corporate, developer,....).

For me, as a developer each segment of screen is important,
since I have to deal with several programs/windows at once.
For example, I do not like dashboard since I have to clean
my screen and then to point-and-click to the desired icon.
It is pretty much waste of time. Also I do not like to use
mouse/touch-pad because it is faster by keyboard shortcuts.
I belong to the sort of people that like to write command
to the computer since I could express myself better than
with mouse.

But this is just my opinion where I want to tell you that
for different groups we could develop different themes with
SUN/OpenSolaris taste, too.

Uros