Mark Martin wrote:

What would it take to document the recipe for building SXCE, such that
interested /external/ community members who do not share Sun's
marketing agenda might have a shot at continuing this potentially
valuable distribution?

The process is:

- Collect SVR4 packages plus some manually filled-out forms from consolidations into a common area (how each consolidation builds is a detail, though they are to use a common build environment). There is proprietary tooling for this. - Munge data from manual forms into data used by the installer for upgrade calculations
- Run a closed tool that generates the various SXCE images
- Test and hope it all works.  As we've seen lately, it doesn't always work.

That's about as detailed as we're inclined to get about it.

Dave