I personally use Mac4Lin theme. It needs little hacking
to work properly, but it is definetly better than Nimbus.
It looks like more 'precise'. It has support for Mozilla,
and other applications, as well. Unfortunately NetBeans
has some problems with menus but it is also useful there.

Maybe, you could consider changing Mac4Lin theme regarding
better integration in OpenSolaris, and of course polishing
it to look better than Macs one.

Also I removed bottom panel, and transferred active windows
list to the upper one. This way I got more space on my laptop.
Also I do not have dashboard like Mac ones.

Many friends want to install OpenSolaris just because they
could enjoy in theme like mine :). (Silly reason but some
people think on that way)

To conclude, i think that OpenSolaris need better default
theme than Nimbus.

U.