I hope I'm not intruding.  I ran across this discussion while trying to find
solutions to my system (which uses the nge0 driver), and I wanted to also
confirm that this version of the fix (the -9 revision) works for me as well.  I
had tried the "mcast.3.tar.gz" version but it did not fix the problem.

The problem as I observed: I was trying to zfs send a 15GB filesystem from an
Ultra-40 workstation via a Gb Ethernet switch to a white box machine that I
built myself.  The components I used to build the system are described here:

  http://blogs.sun.com/drapeau/entry/draft_2_my_home_media

Anyway, I could never complete the zfs send --> zfs receive; the network
connection would stall after a while.  I found the "mcast.3.tar.gz" fix and
tried that, but with the same results.

When I found this discussion thread, I read through and found that the
rge-6888015-9.tar.gz version seemed to work.  I have been running with that
version on my machine all day today (for about 14 hours) and it is working fine
so far.  I have successfully used zfs send | zfs receive on filesystems of
1.2G, 17G, 142G, 247G, and am right now 380G into a transfer of a 900G
filesystem which I am hoping will complete some time tomorrow morning.  (so far
this latest transfer has sent 372GB of filesystem in 4 hours)

I don't have any diagnostic data to offer; all I'm offering here is a second
set of hands who has tried your patch, with rather large amounts of data.  It
works for me.

Thank you very much for the fix; now I don't have to go buy a different white
box setup for my home media server!

--George