I registered specifically to reply to this thread and report my own successful
results. I, too, had no luck initially with the mcast.3 version, however the -9
version completely resolved my stability issues with no apparent performance
problems.

I'm curious though - is there a recommended way to 'install' this driver
permanently? I simply overwrote /kernel/drv/amd64/rge with this version, and
that seems to work, but this doesn't seem terribly clean to me (especially
since system updates will simply overwrite it).

At any rate I'm very appreciative for the volunteer work being done on this
driver. Hopefully Sun will accept these fixes promptly!