I just had to play some more whack-a-mole and kill yet another one of these
unnecessary services:

# svcadm disable avahi-bridge-dsd:default

and what does:

svc:/application/desktop-cache/mime-types-cache:default

do? And why is it running right now on my minimalized headless server that has
X-windows disabled?

There should be an official minimal OpenSolaris Indiana distribution so that we
aren't forced to use Milax or Nexenta Core to get that high performance,
streamlined and minimalized headless server OS that many of us are looking for.
Right now JeOS OpenSolaris only seems to work for VM images. A live CD distro
that boots to a text prompt might with a static IP address might be nice to
play around with in a lot of instances...