On 30 Jan 2010, at 03:19, W. Wayne Liauh wrote:

> Thus, if the OOo developers could make JavaFX an easy-to-program macro
> language for OOo, allowing OOo to easily invoke the power of Java, the table,
> vis-a-vis Microsoft Office, could begin to turn (& the pony hair might still
> be able to keep his job).  I believe this is what Ellison meant, but I seem
> to be the only crazy idiot with this thought.

Edward Screven also talked about "Oracle Cloud Office", which sounds like
something along the lines of Google Docs, but based on OpenOffice.org.  So
perhaps he was thinking along the lines of a web-based GUI for that, written in
JavaFX.  Right now, we just don't know (or at least, I certainly don't).

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum.ben...@sun.com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team