> In retrospect, yesterday's webcast reinforced a new
> fully and integrated stack (from disks to apps) for
> Sparc (Solaris)
> and Linux!
>
> I wish Oracle sees OpenSolaris as a server and not
> only a desktop where you develop apps for Solaris!
> Oracle is a big fan of Linux ... mentionned 2-3 times.

Oracle also  mention that Solaris is more advanced then linux and it would take
years for linux to catch up to Solaris. I think Oracle sees a huge opening to
promote Solaris while linux is currently missing those advancements,like
ZFS,etc and if Oracle leaves OpenSolaris/Solaris under the CDDL then it can
create it's own community with Opensolaris/Solaris similar to redhat and fedora
 and take market share away from linux and when i say linux i really mean red
hat and novell. only if Oracle promotes it correctly.