On 26/04/2010 21:30, Charles Hedrick wrote:
This is getting absurd. Our local HP people checked back and still agree with
the statement that
wrigtim got about Oracle cancelling the HP contract. It's pretty clear that
there are two different stories out there, both among people who should know.
Any of you who are Oracle employees: your employer needs to get their
communications strategy together.

the guy from Oracle seemed to be confident and assured me that this is the case - both Open Solaris and Solaris 10 can be installed on non-Sun hardware and one can buy a support for them on such a hardware.

Then I would be surprised if HP would put info on their web pages about a new, extended relationsheep with Oracle re Solaris/OpenSolaris while actually canceling it..... maybe they canceled the old one and agreed on a new one and that's where the confusion is coming in from?