All I'm reading is that you think Oracle/Sun has such a great QA process (I
have no doubts about it) that it can ignore users' bug reports, they are just
going to prove what you've already found, which is "sufficient" for the
purposes of releasing your software.

This show how much *some* Oracle/Sun people value external contributions.

Look for some papers on how increased visibility through open source usually
ensures high quality code since you've thousands of people looking at it,
submitting detailed bug reports and even small fixes. You cannot seriously
think your limited number of internal engineers is able to catch all the
important bugs/issues. I think people running the first ZFS dedup code would
agree with me.

Like I previously said, at this point anything is fine (closed or not)...
Oracle just needs to let everybody know what it wants from/for OpenSolaris.