On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Edward Martinez <mindbende...@live.com> wrote:
> i think dissolving the OGB will make Oracle show its true colors about
> OpenSolaris. if they want to keep  it active they will probably appoint new
> OGB members or just close up shop.

It's not clear to us that (from a community perspective) Oracle has
decided what its colors are, and that may be part of the problem.

In practical terms, the silence has effectively shut up the community
shop anyway.  A fairly major reality check - not just for Oracle, but for
the community as well, is in order.

> But i think is better to wait after the  OpenWorld show to dissolve,  who
> knows they may have a surprise.

Why wait? It just drags out the deception even longer.

What we're in need of here is openness and engagement. Relying
on a marketing surprise is entirely counter to that.

--
-Peter Tribble