Shawn Walker <shawn.wal...@oracle.com> wrote:

> It isn't mean to be in SXCE, so wasn't put there.  I think you
> misunderstand its purpose.

Maybe IPS was not developed for integration, then I could understand
why it did not appear on SXCE.

IPS will not be used by e.g. swiss banks the way it currently works.
They do not have internet on their servers. They have additional
security components in their caverns in the mountains, they call these
security components machine guns.... In order to get an OS on their
servers, they like to have granted reproducability without network
access. This worked with SXCE but this does not work with indina.

People who installed a bigger bunch of machines did not get the same results
for all of them with IPS and called it "Internet Package Lottery".

But as mentioned before, I don't believe that it is time to talk about
packaging before we have a 100% OSS OS ready for deployment. Let us make
the decision about packaging when it is time for such a decision and let each
distro make the decision on which basic packaging to use by it's own.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)