>I am now looking at how to replace a number of OpenSolaris boxes with
>something else

well...I wanted to continue using opensolaris kernel for my units. i decided
nexenta Core would be my best choice, becuase they are sponsering illumos and a
number of Solaris kenel devs  have joined them. the only major diference with
nexenta is it uses debian/ubuntu userland, i don't mind the deb userland as
long it's opensource and it's runnig the opensolaris kernel.  you may also like
nexenta core?