This makes me think where are you going to get people who really know this
stuff and can take it forward without massive training? Ex Sun people seem to
be jumping ship. Also outside Oracle/Sun who are the people who have even seen
and played with zfs and dtrace? Could it be people using OpenSolaris? If I was
thinking of killing off the Open side of things I would keep it going long
enough to see who really understood the stuff then make them an offer they
could not refuse ;-)