#1  You're in the wrong place to promote GPL.  GPL is an extremist
anti-corporate free software license, which is not as permissive as CDDL.
This is the reason why CDDL is incompatible with GPL:  Because CDDL is more
permissive than GPL can allow.

#2  You're also wrong about code being released under GPL vs CDDL.  The
truth is:  In both licenses, once the code is published to the public, it
can never be "yanked back."  In both cases, the whole world is permitted to
use and develop upon what was released, perpetually, without any involvement
or influence of the copyright holder.  In both cases, the copyright holder
can begin future developments under a different license, but in *neither*
case can the copyright holder revoke the license of what they've already
released, or restrict the additions or changes that people in the world are
able to develop upon it.