On 03/19/2013 04:04 PM, Pierre DELAAGE wrote:
> hmm, Steve I highly suggest that we have a look at ...OpenOffice and its
> various export filters.
>
> for mediawiki it is there :
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/fr/node/738
>
> for Docbook the filter is embedded (never tested by myself..).
>
> Does it help ?

Well, I haven't specifically tried Libreoffice filters for ODF to
markdown but the OpenSSL FIPS User Guide is currently in ODF and that's
what I'm trying to get away from.

A major drawback of ODF is that is can't easily be version controlled in
a collaborative setting. Now that there are several people contributing
content to that document the ODF format is very limiting, hence the
ongoing attempt to convert to docbook. That has turned out to be a bit
of a challenge but I'm still hoping to pull it off.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.