Yes, you need to make the underlying socket non blocking, and at the
same time gotta change the way you call SSL_accept, SSL_read, write
etc to handle non block error conditions like want_read, want_write
errors, use the code Eric has given to make the fd non block, or u can
also set the bio non block by using FIONBIO option. basically you
really need to write an asynchronous state machine.

Thanks
--Gayathri