If you see how many deveopers only give you a sourcefile or just
sourcefile and a *.deb, I doubt very much that they suddenly will start
adding what you want.

so anybody could do.

there are numbers of packages (I remember that was the case for LyX) for wich the SUSE rpm is made by a volunteer.

If the build service is correctly managed (and I'm ready to bet it will be), any volunteer will be able to upload sources and "magically" compile them for any given distribution (beginnig by suse). Probably much easier than to make a rpm at home

and seen the quality of the download.opensuse.org server, I beg the mirrors will be choosen likewise, so only one URL to give...

Indeed, but not everything can be hosted by this, both from practical and
legal limitations.

this is probably the only problem we must live with...

Expecting users to deal with adding additional repositories

the build service being official and url balanced, I guess this one could be setup by default, solving a large part of the problem

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net