On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Jos Poortvliet <j...@opensuse.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2012 19:47:13 Marguerite Su wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Jos Poortvliet <j...@opensuse.org> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I'm looking for help with translating an article about OBS, written by
>> > Helen South. SUSE marketing really liked the article and they told me
>> > they can help me get it in magazines in a large number of countries if
>> > we can get it translated. The languages I will need are:
>> > simple chinese
>> > japanses
>> > spanish
>> > french
>> > german
>> > dutch
>> >
>> > Below is a link to the document, mail it to me once you're done. If we
>> > get this done during next week I can get this to the press agencies in
>> > time.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance!
>> >
>> > /Jos
>> >
>> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29347181/OBS%20article.odt
>
> Hi Marguerite!
>
>> Hi, does SuSE have magazine in Simplified Chinese?
>>
>> I'm from China Mainland, and I never ever heard that before.
>
> It won't be for a SUSE magazine, but SUSE marketing will talk to several
> local magazines and get one of them to publish the article :D

okay, then I'll do it.

and can I publish it on local websites?

 I know a well known local Linux news site, linuxtoy.org. whose
maintainer is a Chinese and lives in silicon valley. he's a member of
Linux committee. which might gain much more attention than local
magazines. I personally published two OBS posts in a series that does
not finished yet in local language on it before, the audience is
really interested. and its maintainer want a third eagerly.

Actually Chinese prefer to read online free resources than magazines.
Magazines aim at enterprise users (who do not pay for the magazines
directly, their employers do so) and college students here. (China has
a large national "education network", its traffic fee to public
internet is higher than the magazine cost) all these may be references
for your marketing team.

Marguerite