On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 22:29 +0000, not disclosed wrote:

> > For the love of all that is good and holy about our mailing list... WILL
> > YOU PLEASE TAKE THIS INCESSANT BITCHING to the Beagle mailing list???
> > I'm tired of a) this constant repetition of an old thread when not all
> > of us have a problem, yet it is taking up half the mailing list messages
> > on a  daily basis lately and b) all it does is just encourage Aaron to
> > whine on and on and we get filled with delayed delivery messages from
> > his woe-be-gone messaging system.
> >
> > Tired of this nonsense already.   Move on or take action where it is
> > appropriate already people!
>
> It is not a beagle issue - it is a SUSE  packaging issue, we all know what
> beagle does
> and how it performs - for a huge number of people it is a huge pain in the
> arse. Dropping
> it from the distro would be popular, making it optional would be much more
> popular.
>
> My opinion it is a crappy solution to a non existent problem, if people want
> it let them
> opt in rahter than forcing everyone else to opt out.
>
> If there was a survey for things people removed within 1 week of installing
> SUSE then
> beagle would probably be number 1 or number 2 and that makes it a prime
> candidate
> for dropping from the default install.

If you're having these problems it is a bug and it IS A BEAGLE ISSUE!
What is it you are thinking when you say it is a SUSE issue... Desktop
Search is the future, any desktop user or tech journalist will tell you
that. A non-existent problem? TO you maybe. If you keep your filesystem
absolutely spotless, then you may not need it, but you're also about 1%
of all computer users.

The users that would not know how to opt in would be the prime
candidates for who would use Beagle, those like yourself who would know
how to opt out are more likely not to use it.
--
Kevin "Yo" Dupuy | Public Email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Happy New Year from Yo.media!