That sounds like a good point, Dhruv.

Cheers,

Adrian

From: OPSAWG <opsawg-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Dhruv Dhody
Sent: 01 May 2024 11:52
To: Henk Birkholz <henk.birkholz@ietf.contact>
Cc: OPSAWG <opsawg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] 🔔 WG Adoption Call for
draft-pignataro-opsawg-oam-whaaat-question-mark-03

Hi,

I support adoption.

Just one comment -

In-Packet OAM:
The OAM messages are carried as part of data traffic. This was sometimes
referred to as "in-band".

I wonder if "message" is the correct term here. In the example that follow for
IOAM you use the term "information".

Thanks!
Dhruv

On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 4:36 PM Henk Birkholz <henk.birkholz@ietf.contact
<mailto:henk.birkholz@ietf.contact> > wrote:

Dear OPSAWG members,

this email starts a call for Working Group Adoption of

> https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-pignataro-opsawg-oam-whaaat-question-mark-03.html

ending on Thursday, May 2nd.

As a reminder, this I-D summarizes how the term "Operations,
Administration, and Maintenance" (OAM) is used currently & historically
in the IETF and intends to consolidate unambiguous and protocol agnostic
terminology for OAM. The summary includes descriptions of narrower
semantics introduced by added qualifications the term OAM and a list of
common capabilities that can be found in nodes processing OAM packets.

The chairs acknowledge a positive poll result at IETF119, but there has
not been much discussion on the list yet. We would like to gather
feedback from the WG if there is interest to further contribute and
review. As a potential enabler for discussions, this call will last
three weeks.

Please reply with your support and especially any substantive comments
you may have.

For the OPSAWG co-chairs,

Henk