Hey all,

Since so many of us love Orion, or are trying to love it but have problems
understanding some things, how bougt we help out the Orion team by
documenting as much as we can? I for one have been using it for quite some
time and have some knowledge of some areas. I would love to learn other
areas as they become available. Joseph is doing a good job with
orionsupport.com, and he has asked for any contributions. For those of us
that feel we know the product somewhat well, lets do our part. Hell, unlike
other products, Orion is free for everything except production, and that
cost is a fraction of the cost of other app servers.

Also, while the team hasn't opened up the source or anything for us to
contribute, I was thinking of doing a Wizard installer in Java, but I am not
very good with SWING. Right now you unzip, configure the xml files, and let
it rip. Maybe a simple installer that the team can use and package that has
a wizard interface for setting up the common areas would be nice. Anyone
want to help with this? Would the Orion team mind if we help out in these
areas? May be a while as I don't have much time, but it might help on the
installation woes some people seem to have.

If anyone to everyone is in agreement (including Orion team), lets help kick
the Orion App Server into high gear so it can kick the crap out of those
much much much more expensive app servers that don't quite follow the
standards as well. If all in favor, maybe we can start off a chapter index
in this list (or on the orionsupport.com site) and contribute to areas
needing documentation as well as writing those. Also, I believe a good
"review" of docs by all involved would allow for the most accurate docs
instead of relying on faith of one person. No offense, but I sure don't want
people reading what I write assuming its 100% right. I would rather have
others look it over and make sure it makes sense, is easy to follow along
and actually works as stated.

Awaiting replies.