From: "Mike Cannon-Brookes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Orion-Interest" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2000 10:09 PM
Subject: RE: Orion in production

Robert,

I agree with some of your points, and I have a 'semi' solution that I've
told Magnus about before.

The autoupdate tool is brilliant, but too addictive. Sometimes I've updated
to get fixes for bugs, only to get another version with a different annoying
bug.

If it had the option to autoupdate to the latest 'stable' version, or the
latest 'rough edged' version, it would be perfect.

eg java -jar autoupdate.jar -version=stable / development

Oh, and to Al who says he can't see Orion because it's too inexpensive? Just
tell the client it's $10k, bill 'em $10k and they'll love you for it - oh,
and either pocket the $8.5k or donate it to the Orion guys, I'm sure they
wouldn't knock you back ;)

Mike