Hello all...

--On Friday, October 20, 2000 5:35 PM -0300 "Juan Lorandi (Chile)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And also, lack of support & documentation is becoming now, as most
> developers are finishing
> their work and reach deployment time(from what I pick up of many mails in
> this list), a critical point about orion.
> Many of us are reaching the point where we have to prove no only that
> orion's the best, but that it also is a good business
> choice. This is unfairly hard due to little colaboration from Evermind's
> team regarding, as said, support & documentation,
> tough it clearly seems to be changing.

This is a key issue. There is an old saying that time is money. Not true in
software. Time is far more valuable than money. Money can be raised but
time can not. Orion is reasonably priced for the product itself. However,
if using Orion means a lot of trial and error development and no official
support from the vendor, the costs in extra consumption of developers time
and oppertunity loss from delayed market entry could easily exceed the
price tag of Weblogic.

Don't get me wrong, I like Orion. I like it alot. Currently, our intention
is to complete development on it and then license it and deploy with it and
hopefully sell it with our product. This goal would be one heck of a lot
easier to obtain if we had official support from the vendor. Right now,
there are people here banging their heads on the wall just trying to guess
at what works and what dossen't, whats implemented and whats not. It's
tireing.

Anybody want to help me start a business selling Orion support on a 900
number? Just charge several dollars a minute, on an incident by incident
basis. If the support is competant, it would sell big. Heck, we could make
more money then Evermind! <Big Grin> OK, just kidding, but this is a
serious issue.

Jim