I'll try again because I don't think I made myself clear when I explained
it. I'm using basic authorization with the browser.  My custom user
manager gets constructed and the init method gets called (I logged those
events to a file from the class).

But here is the kicker, the "getUser" method NEVER gets called by the
server! Therefore all authentications fail.

The only change I made to the orion configuration was add the
<user-manager> tag in config/application.xml.

Did I miss something obvious?

Thanks.....

P.S. This product looks really good otherwise, but I need to get around
this issue.