The best kind of code documentation, for me at least, has always been
annotated online demo code, such as NeHe's OpenGL walkthroughs and
Irrlicht3D's online tutorials:
http://nehe.gamedev.net/
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/tutorials.html

The main problem with OSG's documentation isn't that there's not enough
of it, but that it's poorly presented on the website. You have to click
twice before finding the tutorials page, and then you're presented with
an undifferentiated forest of links that happen to include Joseph
Sullivan's excellent set of easy-to-browse tutorials, along with other
people's random mystery tarballs.

Contrast this with irrlicht3d's presentation (see link above), where
there's one official tutorial page, linked directly off the main page,
with thumbnails for each tutorial.

What would be best, in my opinion, is to get rid of that splash page
(!), and on the main page have the sidebar display "Downloads",
"Tutorials", "API", and "Other references" explicitly, at the top. I
would get rid of the first 6 items in the current sidebar and just move
them to the "About" page, because most people don't care (sorry) about
things like "Introduction" and "History". The tutorials should all be
webpages rather than tarballs, and be indexed with thumbnails on the
tutorials page, in rough order of difficulty (Joseph Sullivan has it
right). Oh, and why is there a splash page?? (Okay, ending rant.)

*Wheeze, wheeze,*
-- Matt