Hello,

> Just an idea (sorry if it was discussed previously - I'm new here)... how
> about an actual discussion forum (like vBulletin) to compliment the wiki.

Indeed, it has been discussed previously. Search the archives. Last I
heard of it, some people suggested ways of bridging a forum and the
mailing list but nothing practical came of it...

As I said, look at the archives on the subject, you'll see the
arguments for and against. A compromise may be reached, but the
mailing list is here to stay.

> No offense intended but I haven't seen a mailing list used for all
> discussions
> on a technical project since the late 90's

Most OSS projects have at least two mailing lists, some much more.
It's a very effective means of discussing development subjects.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/