Hi,

I am new to OSG and I am attempting to port some work that was done in directX
over to OSG. I am using some of the basic geometric objects like osg::box and
osg::sphere. I got those working like I wanted, but when I tried to add texture
mapping to them the results are very different than what I got in DirectX. For
example, by default in directX when I mapped a texture  to a box then each face
got a full copy of the texture. However, when I map the same texture to the box
in osg I get some weird stretched lines over the faces.

Do the standard geometric objects not have texture coordinates already defined,
or am I doing something simple wrong? I have listed a code snippet below. I
have also tried using all of the different texture modes, and none of them
really worked.
Do I have to set the texture coords up manually? Seems to defeat the purpose of
having simple objects predefined if I have to do a bunch of manual texture
corrdinate code for each one.

I have attached an image example showing the difference between the directx and
osg versions.

Code:

        osg::ref_ptr<osg::MatrixTransform> gNode = new
osg::MatrixTransform(osg::Matrix::translate(osg::Vec3(0, 0,0)));
        osg::ref_ptr<osg::ShapeDrawable> boxDrawable = new
osg::ShapeDrawable(new osg::Box(osg::Vec3(0,0,0), 10, 10, 10));
        osg::ref_ptr<osg::Geode> box = new osg::Geode;
        box->addDrawable(boxDrawable.get());
        gNode->addChild(box.get());
        root->addChild(gNode.get());
        osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image> image = osgDB::readImageFile("gravel.bmp");
        osg::StateSet* state = box->getOrCreateStateSet();
        state->setTextureAttributeAndModes(0, new osg::Texture2D(image.get()));

Thank you!

Cheers,
David

Attachments: