Hi David,

I will keep playing with it to see if it is dropping the u,v coords as you
suspect. Worst case scenario I just remove the ability to apply a texture at
run-time for a mesh and make them specify it in the mesh file.

Or, just map a dummy white 1x1 texture by default, so that the obj loader thinks there's a texture and keeps the UVs (if that's indeed the problem).

Applying a texture at run time is not a problem, it's getting the model loaded with the proper texture coordinates that is... After that it's just a matter of

  model->getOrCreateStateSet()->setTextureAttributeAndModes(0,
      my_new_texture.get(), osg::StateAttribute::ON);

J-S