David Cofer wrote:
You rock Alberto!! I flipped the bmp and it mapped correctly. It would never
have occured to me to do that in a million years on my own. Thanks.

Random facts you may or may not care about...

DirectX uses a different origin from OpenGL when applying textures (DirectX uses the top-left, while OpenGL uses the bottom-left).

You might also run into problems with winding order of primitives (triangles, etc.). Unlike the rest of the world, DirectX uses right-handed coordinates. This results in vertices for primitives being specified in a clockwise order, unlike OpenGL which expects counter-clockwise vertices.

You're probably OK since you're using a .obj file directly. When I was writing the Half-Life 2 loader, I had to flip the vertex order as I was loading them, or I would get back-faces facing out, which would disappear when back-face culling was turned on.

--"J"