Hi Serge,

Serge Lages wrote:
Hi all,

We currently need to play a big video (approximately 5500*800) on 4 screens within an OSG application (we use a composite viewer), so we've tried :

- Cut the video in 4 parts, but it seems really hard to synchronize the 4 streams. - Decode directly the big file, resulting with a very big texture split on 4 quads (with appropriate texture coords), but even with a powerful computer, it's very slow.

Any idea on what's the best approach for this problem ? We're currently making our tests using the ffmpeg plugin, but maybe another plugin would be more appropriate ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

some ideas/questions. We do something similar - stitch four high-res camera videos into large texture. We have custom ffmpeg reader that just reads from 4 video files and we step them manually (and in sync) one frame at a time. We use raw video (no compression) to avoid cpu decompress, but now one needs fast disks. We don't have sound, do you need sound? For large sizes one needs to avoid copying around data in cpu mem as much as possible. There is still one copy in ffmpeg raw read that I need to get rid of.

rgds
jp

Serge Lages
http://www.tharsis-software.com

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.