Hi Serge,

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Serge Lages <serge.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We've tried with only one texture and the fps drops to 15 approximately with
> a modern computer (GeForce card). Maybe the problems comes from having one
> texture shared on 4 contexts and only one card, on the final setup we'll
> have 2 graphic cards.

Do you need 4 contexts?  If you have one card I would typically try to run
it with a single context across all outputs.  With two graphics cards you
wouldn't be able to do this, but still I'd opt for two graphics contexts,
one per card.  This does assume that your OS of choice actually supports
driving the graphics cards efficiently...

Perhaps one solution you could go for is to have four textures that each
have their own osg::Image, but each osg::Image points to a different point
in the larger osg::Image.  If you place render the video as four images
down, one wide, rather than four wide and one down then you'd be able to use
a simple pointer offset into the osg::Image that ffmpeg is writing to.
Using this approach you could avoid major cache misses, and avoid the need
for sharing a single big texture.