You do not need Cygwin installed or active to build NDK code for Android any
more - it was a prerequisite for old NDKs, and it is still needed if you want
to use Google's Eclipse plug in for C/C++ code debugging, though.

>From our internal documentation page where Nathan assembled the instructions
>(he's on holiday right now), the extra bit that you need is probably this:

Install Android NDK
        Available here:
        http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html

Extract it to a location with no spaces in the path, such as
C:\Local\android-ndk-[ver]

Add to your system environment variables:
        ANDROID_HOME    [Android-NDK-Install-Dir]
        ANDROID_NDK_ROOT    [Android-NDK-Install-Dir]

Add to your existing PATH:

[Android-SDK-Install-Dir]\tools;[Android-SDK-Install-Dir]\platform-tools;[Android-NDK-Install-Dir].

Alistair Baxter
Software Engineer
Visit our team on booth 1710 at the AAPG ACE, Pittsburgh, 19th - 22nd May 2013.

Midland Valley Exploration Ltd.
144 West George Street
Glasgow G2 2HG
United Kingdom