Thanks to everyone for their input so far.

I guess if one presents information or a tutorial for building OSG on Android
for Windows, it should be complete, accurate, and thorough. It appears that
vital information or detail is missing in the tutorial regarding the role of
the Android NDK or getting it set up in building the OSG in this context.

Anway, I did add the environment variables that were missing which allowed me
to progress further but now I'm getting the following error when I run the
"make"...

Android NDK: Parsing Application.mk
Android NDK:   APP_PIE is
C:/AndroidDevelopment/android-ndk-r8e/build/gmsl/__gmsl:512: *** non-numeric
second argument to `wordlist' function: ''.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [Android-OpenSceneGraph] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ndk.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any idea on what this error is referring to?

Just as a sanity check, has anyone else had success in building OSG for Android
using the tutorial given above? I thought I'd ask before investing too much
time in something that may not work...

Shayne