Hello,

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Shayne Tueller
<shayne.tuel...@hill.af.mil>wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for their input so far.
>
> I guess if one presents information or a tutorial for building OSG on
> Android for Windows, it should be complete, accurate, and thorough. It
> appears that vital information or detail is missing in the tutorial
> regarding the role of the Android NDK or getting it set up in building the
> OSG in this context.

Shayne, I think that the documentation is pretty reasonable in this regard.
You cannot expect OSG documentation to teach you what is NDK, how it works
and how it fits within an Android application.

> Anway, I did add the environment variables that were missing which allowed
> me to progress further but now I'm getting the following error when I run
> the "make"...
>
> Android NDK: Parsing Application.mk
> Android NDK:   APP_PIE is
> C:/AndroidDevelopment/android-ndk-r8e/build/gmsl/__gmsl:512: ***
> non-numeric second argument to `wordlist' function: ''.  Stop.
> make[2]: *** [Android-OpenSceneGraph] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ndk.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Any idea on what this error is referring to?

That seems to be (yet another) NDK bug. Welcome to the hell that is NDK on
Android. Google reveals this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10285242/openssl-using-androids-ndk-problems/10295653#10295653

Check if that fix helps.

> Just as a sanity check, has anyone else had success in building OSG for
> Android using the tutorial given above? I thought I'd ask before investing
> too much time in something that may not work...

I am using and building OSG without too much hassle on Windows (and Linux)
for Android based on this documentation on the wiki:
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/PlatformSpecifics/Android

There are several people on this list who are working with Android, so yes,
it does work. I had an Android demo with OSG at the recent Laval Virtual
actually.

Jan