> Careful. Many people (including me) are reading this via the mailing
> list, not forum - there is a gateway between the two, so forum posts go
> to the list and list posts show up on the forum.
>
> Thus I had no clue which "tutorial as presented in this thread" are you
> referring to. For me the thread started with your questions about the
> OSG not building. And only now I see that in addition to the Wiki page
> there is another, two months old mail (in another e-mail thread) from
> Nathan Collins from the 4th February explaining how to build OSG using
> MinGW tools (unsupported way, btw). Or is there yet another tutorial
> that you have actually used?

I'm aware of that. I actually use both the email list and the forum
interchangeably. I assumed most people did as well to see the full context of
discussion. Apparently that is not the case. For individuals who mainly use the
email list, I will try to be more explicit in referring back to the forum.

In answer to your question...no, I'm not referring to another tutorial. This
was the only one. I tried it out and it didn't work so well (so far). I simply
asked why and I got answers. Nothing more, nothing less.

> Right, correct. However, please do address that to Nathan - you haven't
> specified that it was actually his tutorial, so it is likely that nobody
> has realized that that is the one you are talking about. Nathan also
> seems to be using the mailing list, not forum, so he likely missed the
> question entirely.

Hmmm...you must have missed the email list response from Alistair Baxter on
4/3/13 @ 2:11am who was addressing my questions in behalf of Nathan Collins who
is out of town. He apparently saw what I wrote and the context that it was
written in. He knew what I was talking about...

> On the other hand, OSG and NDK is *not* meant for complete novices,
> especially OSG on Android is still a bit rough for various reasons. So
> let's be reasonable here - a novice is actually expected to read the
> documentation before starting on something (like the Cygwin issue ...)

Not sure what to say regarding this comment...

> Give that a shot. That tutorial is tried, it does work and is using the
> official (Google supported) way of building applications for Android.
> However, you may still encounter bugs - like the last compilation error you
> had. That is the nature of the beast, because the NDK is quite fast moving
> target and Google is prone to fix one bug and introduce two new ones in every
> release. Furthermore, their documentation for it is pretty much non-existent.

Pretty hard to read documentation that is pretty much non-existent...even for a
novice...;^)

-Shayne