Good points, John.
I would come out very strongly to say that if the *facilitator* is combining,
sorting or having the group vote on or reduce / compress / decide on topics, it
is not Open Space.
It is something else where some facilitator is using some portions of what they
may have seen done somewhere.
My assumption in seeing that would be that that particular facilitator may have
seen something called Open Space but not studied it.
And when I say ’study’ I don’t just mean learned in workshops, I also mean
self-study - simply reading the book can tell you this.

Lisa