Jeff I think you bring up some great questions. The things that I notice include
- is this the right tool (process) for this time, this need, the objectives and
desired outcomes for this stage / moment / project
(could be, I’m just saying that is what I always ask myself as I talk with the
client)

And Anne-Béatrice - the thing that I notice in something you said earlier is
that you wish you had more preparation with them.
- to open up why, for whom, to what end, context, where this fits into the
other work of the organization / before and after, what will be done with / how
will documentation be used in a useful way, what is invitation like, and so on.

Was there the possibility of having a conversation with them about… if it’s so
important, it’s important to have useful essential time for pre-work.
I understand you / we might not always have this ability.
But these are some of the times when I tend to say “no”. Because there’s not
enough time to be thoughtful and clear about objectives and desired outcomes,
selection of process, and all the other elements, And because if it is so so
important, it’s worth it. Worth re-scheduling. And if it’s such a crisis
mentality that there is panic if it does not happen at x date, then that
indicates (as may other parts of an initial exploratory conversation) that
other organizational work must be done before this particular task / reason /
objective.

Which weaves me back around to thinking about Jeff’s thinking about when to do
what at what phases and moments in the continuum / dance / movements of
organization development…

Lisa