Dan,

I too am unable to make use of the ideas here:
http://dcid.me/2010/03/detecting-usb-storage-usage-with-ossec/

Using OSSEC HIDS 2.6 - When I have the the command in a local Windows machine
agent.conf I get the following in my log on agent restart.

2012/06/21 09:42:43 ossec-agent: Remote commands are not accepted from the
manager. Ignoring it on the agent.conf
2012/06/21 09:42:43 ossec-agent(1202): ERROR: Configuration error at
'shared/agent.conf'. Exiting.

the command set is as follows:

  <localfile>
    <log_format>full_command</log_format>
    <command>reg QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USBSTOR</command>
  </localfile>

within my <agent_config os="windows"> section.

without this command the above error does not log.

Ideas? was command disabled in 2.6?